Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Pies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|2||Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shells (2)|
|1 1/2 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (375 mL)|
|2 1/4 cups||35% whipping cream, divided (550 mL )|
|1/4 cup||Lactantia® Salted Butter (50 mL )|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)|
|1 lb||plain brick-style cream cheese, softened (500 g)|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract (15 mL )|
|1 1/4 cups||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (200 g)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake pie shells for 12 minutes; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream and butter in a bowl set over simmering water until smooth; set aside. Melt peanut butter chips with 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipping cream in a bowl set over simmering water until smooth; cool slightly.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in peanut butter mixture and vanilla until creamy. In a separate bowl, whip remaining whipping cream until it's very stiff; stir one-third into peanut butter mixture until well combined. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream. Fold in 1 cup (250 mL) toffee bits.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) chocolate mixture for garnish. Spread an equal amount of remaining chocolate mixture over bottom of each shell; chill until set. Spread an equal portion of peanut butter mixture into each lined shell. Drizzle evenly with reserved chocolate mixture; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Chill for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
Makes 2 pies (16 servings).
• Freeze prepared pies for up to a month. Let stand at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours before serving.