Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Clusters Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 10 Minutes
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)|
|2 tsp||vegetable shortening (10 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|12 cups||plain popped popcorn (3 L)|
|2 cups||salted roasted peanuts (500 mL)|
|1/4 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (50 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (125 mL)|
- 1. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Place peanut butter chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 90 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth. Stir in salt.
2. Place popcorn, peanuts and toffee bits in a large bowl, drizzle with melted peanut butter chips; gently stir to coat. Spread the popcorn out in a thin layer onto the prepared baking sheets.
3. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM (50%) power for 30 seconds; add an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring until chips are melted and smooth.
4. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over the popcorn. Let stand for at least 4 hours or until completely dry. Break into large chunks. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 days.
Makes about 16 cups (4 L) popcorn.
• About 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry popcorn kernels will make the amount of popcorn needed to prepare this recipe.