Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|3 pkg (8 oz each)||cream cheese, softened (750 g)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|1/3 cup||sour cream (75 mL)|
|3 tbsp||all-purpose flour (45 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips, melted (250 mL)||HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup, optional||Sweetened whipped cream, optional||CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare and bake CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat just until blended (overbeating will cause it to crack).
3. Place half of batter (about 2-1/2 cups/625 mL) in another bowl. Stir melted semi-sweet mini chocolate chips into one half of cream cheese mixture; spread mixture over baked crust. Stir melted peanut butter chips into the other. Gently spread peanut butter mixture over chocolate mixture. Do not stir.
4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cheesecake from side of pan. Let cool completely; remove outer ring from pan. Cover and refrigerate.
5. To serve, drizzle each slice with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST:
In medium bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 cookies), 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar, 1/4 cup (50 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter or margarine (melted). Press onto bottom and about 1 inch (2.5 cm) up sides of 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.