Chocolate & Peanut Butter Dipped Apples Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 10-12 medium apples, stems removed (10-12)
- 10-12 wooden ice cream sticks (10-12)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips, divided (300 g)
- 1/4 cup shortening, divided (do not use butter, margarine, or oil) plus 2 tbsp (70 mL)
- 1. Line tray with wax paper. Wash apples; dry thoroughly. Insert wooden stick into stem end of each apple; place on prepared tray.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, place semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the peanut butter chips and 1/4 cup (50 mL) shortening. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Dip bottom three-fourths of each apple into mixture. Twirl and gently shake to remove excess; return to prepared tray.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 cup (250 mL) peanut butter chips and remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) shortening. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Spoon over top section of each apple, allowing to drip down sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 coated apples.