Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crunch Bark Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut ButterChips (300 g)
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar cone pieces, about 2 cones crumbled (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (125 mL)
- 1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Place chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Working quickly, melt peanut butter chips with shortening in a second microwave-safe bowl, using the same method as the chocolate chips.
3. Stir the sugar cone pieces into the melted peanut butter chips and the toffee bits into the melted dark chocolate chips. Alternately spoon melted chip mixtures onto prepared tray. Swirl with knife for a marbled effect.
4. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store, in an airtight container at room-temperature, for up to 1 week.
Makes about 1 1/2 lb (750 g) candy.
• This recipe doubles or triples easily and is a terrific last-minute hostess gift or party treat.