Chocolate Oatmeal Almond Parfait Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
|1/4 cup||canola oil (50 mL)|
|2 tbsp||each honey and brown sugar (30 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||each ground cinnamon and vanilla extract (2 mL)|
|1/4 cup||sliced almonds (50 mL)|
|1/4 cup||wheat germ (50 mL)|
|1/3 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (75 mL)||Vanilla Greek yogurt||Fresh or thawed, frozen raspberries|
|2 cups||large flake rolled oats (500 mL)|
|1 tbsp||flaxseed (15 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Whisk the oil with the honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir the oats with the almonds, wheat germ and flax seed. Stir in the oil mixture until well coated; spread on a parchment paper-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake for 8 minutes; stir and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet. Crumble and add the chocolate chips. Transfer to an airtight container; store for up to 5 days in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Makes 3 cups (750 mL) granola.
3. To assemble the parfait, alternately layer granola with yogurt and raspberries in straight-sided glasses or bowls.
• Replace the almonds with chopped pecans, peanuts or walnuts.
• Layer the yogurt and granola with chopped apple, pear, sliced strawberries or bananas instead of raspberries.
• Substitute hemp hearts, chia seeds or sesame seeds for the flax seeds.