Chocolate Mousse Trifle
This beautiful, layered trifle is sure to impress with its combination of creamy mousse, fresh fruit and chocolate chips.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 7-oz package unfilled ladyfingers (12 unfilled, split in halves) (200 g)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (7 g)
- 2 tbsp cold water (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup boiling water (50 mL)
- 2/3 cup sugar (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (300 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 1/4 cup rum, divided (optional) (50 mL)
- 2 cups peaches or kiwi sliced, peeled (500 mL)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or raspberries (500 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1 3/4 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (300 g)
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved (mixture must be clear).
2. Stir together sugar and cocoa in large cold bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; stir until well blended.
3. To assemble trifle: place one layer of ladyfingers in the bottom of 2-quart (2 L) straight-sided soufflé dish or trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) rum, if desired. Spoon out whipped cream, chocolate chips, chocolate cream, fruit, repeat all 4 layers or the layers you like. Refrigerate about 2 hours.
4. Just before serving top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with last 1/3 cup (75 mL) of chocolate chips.