Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
These rich and delicious little hits of chocolate are perfect party pleasers. The chocolate glaze adds that little something extra.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) (375 mL)
- 6 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (90 mL)
- 6 tbsp icing sugar (90 mL)
- 6 tbsp melted butter or margarine (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (50 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) (398 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1. Crust: Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line 24 muffin cups (2 1/2-inch/6 cm diameter) with paper baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.* Toss crumbs with cocoa, icing sugar and butter until well combined. Press about 1 tbsp (15 mL) crumb mixture onto the bottom of each cup.
2. Cheesecake: Blend cocoa with butter. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cocoa mixture. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups.
3. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool to room temperature on a rack. Chill completely.
4. Chocolate Glaze: Combine chocolate chips, whipping cream and vanilla in a medium saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring until smooth. Immediately spread over cheesecakes; allow to set. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 24 mini cheesecakes.
*If nonstick cooking spray is used, cool baked cheesecakes completely in pan. Place pan in freezer for 15 minutes; remove with a thin spatula.