Chocolate Mallow Swirl Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (1 L)
- 1/3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 3 tbsp water (45 mL)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (30 mL)
- 2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened (500g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 cup cold whipping cream (250 mL)
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust
- 1. Combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened.
2. Combine sugar with cocoa, water and butter in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and chill until cool.
3. Beat cream cheese with vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir marshmallow mixture until well blended; beat into cream cheese mixture. Measure out 1 1/2 cups (375 mL); set aside. Add cocoa mixture to remaining cream cheese mixture; beat well.
4. Beat whipping cream until stiff; add 1 cup (250 mL) to white cream cheese mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Alternately spoon mixtures into pie crust; with a metal spatula or knife, swirl for a marbled effect. Chill for 6 hours or until set.
Makes 8 servings.