Chocolate Macaroon Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (300 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted (75 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 2 2/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut (650 mL)
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs (about 4 slices) (500 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In large bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa and melted butter. Press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, breadcrumbs, eggs, vanilla and mini chocolate chips; stir until blended. Spoon evenly over baked crust.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.