Chocolate Macadamia Truffle Mousse Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided (125 mL)
- 3 tbsp 35% whipping cream (45 mL)
- 1 prepared chocolate crumb crust
- 1 tsp unflavoured gelatin (5 mL)
- 1 tbsp cold water (15 mL)
- 2 tbsp boiling water (30 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1. Base: Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips and 1 tbsp (15 mL) macadamia nuts to use for the garnish. Place remaining chips, nuts and whipping cream in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted when stirred. Spread mixture on bottom of prepared pie crust. Chill while preparing filling.
2. Filling: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stir together sugar and cocoa in small mixing bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally, until stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture, beating just until well blended.
4. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in crust. Cover and chill for several hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with reserved chocolate chip and nuts.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.