Chocolate French Toast Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 3 eggs (3)
- 3/4 cup milk (175 mL)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar (45 mL)
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (30 mL)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) (1 mL)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)
- 10 slices whole-wheat bread (10)
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (625 mL)
- 1. Beat eggs with the milk, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon (if using) and salt in a shallow bowl until well combined.
2. Warm a griddle or large skillet over medium heat (grease with margarine as needed).
3. In batches, dip the bread into the egg mixture; transfer to griddle. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture. Serve immediately with strawberries and 1 tsp (5 mL) margarine per slice.
Makes about 5 servings.