Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar (45 mL)
- 3 tbsp melted butter or margarine (45 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8oz ea) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)
- 1/4 cup milk (50 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1/4 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (50 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (7 mL)
- 1. Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Toss crumbs with sugar and butter until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden around the edges and fragrant; cool slightly.
2. Cheesecake: Increase oven temperature to 450°F (230°C). Beat cream cheese with sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Place peanut butter chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, just until chips are melted when stirred.
3. Add peanut butter mixture to cream cheese mixture; beating just until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F (120°C); continue baking for 40 minutes or until set. (Centre will be soft but will set upon cooling.) Transfer from oven rack to wire rack. Run a thin knife around the cake to loosen from side of pan. Cool completely; remove ring from pan.
Place chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Garnish cooled cheesecake with chocolate drizzle. Chill completely before serving.
Makes 12 servings.