Chocolate Dream Cups Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 10 Minutes
|1 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 tsp||shortening (5 mL)||Chocolate Filling:|
|1 tsp||unflavoured gelatin (5 mL)|
|1 tbsp||cold water (15 mL )|
|2 tbsp||boiling water (30 mL )|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL )|
|1/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL )|
|1 cup||35% whipping cream (250 mL )|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL )|
- 1. Line 6 muffin cups (2 1/2-inches/6 cm in diameter) with fluted paper liners.
2. Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave on MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Use a soft-bristled pastry brush to coat the inside fluted surfaces and bottoms of the bake cups thickly and evenly with melted chocolate. Chill coated cups for 10 minutes or until set; recoat any thin spots with melted chocolate. (If necessary, chocolate can be reheated on MEDIUM for a few seconds.) Chill cups for at least 2 hours or until very firm. Carefully peel paper from each cup. Cover; chill until ready to use.
4. Chocolate Filling: Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl; let stand for 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly. Stir sugar with cocoa in another small bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally until stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well combined.
5. Spoon or pipe the chocolate filling mixture into the prepared cups. Chill until set. Garnish as desired.
Makes 6 dessert cups.
• Raspberry Filling - Substitute 1 package (300 g) frozen, thawed raspberries for the cocoa and sugar. Drain raspberries; press berries through sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds. Dissolve 1 tsp (5 mL) gelatin in 3 tbsp (45 mL) water as in step 4 from above. Beat 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream with 1/4 cup (50 mL) icing sugar and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla in another small bowl until soft peaks form; pour in the gelatin mixture and beat until stiff. Carefully fold in the raspberry purée and 3 to 4 drops red food colouring. Chill for 20 minutes before filling cups.