Chocolate Dipped Toffee Bits Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces (425 mL)
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (30 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Stir the flour, with the baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add the eggs; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in the toffee bits. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Line a tray with wax paper. Combine the chocolate baking pieces and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
5. Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Shake gently and scrape the cookie bottom on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Chill for 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store in a cool, dry place with wax paper between layers of cookies.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.