Chocolate Dipped Fruit Bouquet Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 60 Minutes
|Assorted fresh fruit such as strawberries, melons, apples, star fruit, kiwi fruit and grapes|
|2 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)|
|1 1/3 cups||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (225 g)||Marshmallows|
|1||small iceberg lettuce head (1)|
|1||bunch, fresh kale (1)||Clean vase or decorative container (s)|
- 1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Wash, peel and dry the fruit as needed. Cut large fruit into slices or wedges at least 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick in order to be supported on the skewer. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of larger pieces of fruit (if desired). Leave grapes and strawberries whole. Thread the fruit and marshmallows onto the skewers. Chill until ready to dip.
2. Meanwhile, fill two pots no more than 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) deep with water; bring to a gentle simmer. Place the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips in separate heat-proof bowls. Set the bowls in the pots and turn off the heat, allowing the chips to gently melt; stir occasionally. Leave the bowls resting over the hot water while dipping to keep the chocolate fluid.
3. Dip the fruit and marshmallow skewers into the melted chocolates; gently tap off the excess and return to the baking sheets to set. Let stand or chill until chocolate is completely set.
4. Trim the iceberg lettuce to fit into the vase. Use the kale to hide the lettuce and mimic greenery. Arrange skewers decoratively in the vase, inserting firmly into the lettuce to hold in place. Reserve in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Makes 1 large or 2 small bouquets.
• Dry the fruit thoroughly before dipping to help prevent the chocolate from seizing and allow it to coat evenly.
• To prevent browning, dip the apple wedges in water mixed with the juice of a lemon; dry thoroughly before dipping.
• Alternate dipped and un-dipped fruit skewers in the arrangement for a colourful bouquet.
• Be creative and use a variety of fruit and Chipits flavours to create your edible arrangement. For example, after dipping, roll some of the fruit or marshmallows in toffee bits or drizzle with a second type of melted chocolate for special touch.
• For a fun bouquet with kid appeal, dip apple wedges in melted peanut butter chips and toffee bits.
• Try making a dried fruit bouquet by dipping pieces of dried fruit such as apricots, mango, pineapple, kiwi, and pear.