Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1 cup||butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)|
|3 oz||cream cheese (90 g)|
|2 cups||granulated sugar (500 mL)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking powder (1 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|3/4 cup||chopped nuts (175 mL)||FROSTING:|
|3 tbsp||butter or margarine, softened (45 mL)|
|3 tbsp||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (45 mL)|
|1 1/3 cups||icing sugar (325 mL)|
|3/4 tsp||vanilla extract (4 mL)|
|1 tbsp||milk (approx.) (15 mL)|
|1 tbsp||light corn syrup (optional) (15 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C). Grease a 9x13x2-inch (3.5 L) baking dish; set aside.
2. Beat butter with cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour with cocoa, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in nuts and spread batter into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from side of pan. Place on a rack and cool completely.
4. Frosting: Beat butter with the cocoa in a small bowl until blended. Gradually add the icing sugar and vanilla; beat well. Add milk and corn syrup (if using); beat until smooth. Add additional milk, a little at a time, until spreadable.
5. Spread frosting over cooled brownies and cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.