Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 2 tbsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (30 mL)
- Fresh strawberries, with stems, rinsed and patted dry
- 1. Cover tray with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 minutes or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; cool slightly.
3. Holding strawberry by top, dip 2/3 of each berry into chocolate mixture; shake gently to remove excess. Place on prepared tray.
4. Refrigerate until coating is firm, about 30 minutes. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Coats about 5 dozen small strawberries. (Makes about 1 cup (250 mL) coating).
*Butter, margarine and spreads contain water which may prevent chocolate from melting properly; oil may prevent chocolate from forming a coating.