Chocolate Cookie Gelato Sandwiches Recipe
Indulge in these exquisite Chocolate Cookie Gelato Sandwiches. Chocolatey cookies and smooth gelato are the perfect combination.
- Chocolate Cookies:
- 1/2 cup margarine (125 mL )
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1/4 cups cocoa powder (60 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chunks (250 mL)
- 2 cups vanilla gelato (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted almonds (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chunks (75 mL)
- Chocolate Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using electric mixer, beat together margarine, and brown and granulated sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into margarine mixture until smooth. Fold in chocolate chunks.
Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, to make 16 cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are firm; let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
Assembly: Spread gelato over 8 cookies; top with remaining cookies. Roll sides of cookies in almonds and chocolate chunks. Place on tray or baking sheet; freeze for about 2 hours or until firm. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and store in freezer. Let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.