Chocolate Coffee Chews Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS Mini KISSES Baking Chips, divided (300 g)|
|1/2 cup||butter (125 mL)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|2 to 3 tsp||instant coffee powder (10 to 15 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla (10 mL)|
|2/3 cup||all-purpose flour (150 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder (2 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||chopped pecans (300 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the Mini KISSES, semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. (Or, combine in microwave-safe bowl, microwave on HIGH (100%) until chips melt. Stir until smooth.)
3. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well blended. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, instant coffee powder and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Mini KISSES and pecans.
5. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto parchment lined baking sheets. (Dough will be a bit sticky.)
6. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until top cracks but cookies are still moist inside. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks; cool completely.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.