Chocolate Chunk Waffles with Spiced Maple Syrup Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (425 mL)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (60 mL)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup milk (250 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil (75 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chunks (300 mL)
- Spiced Maple Syrup:
- 1 cups maple syrup (light or medium) (250 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and cardamom (1 mL)
- Pinch pepper and nutmeg
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (500 mL)
- Waffles: In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and butter; whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Fold in 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chunks. Heat waffle iron; cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Spiced Maple Syrup: Meanwhile, in small saucepan set over medium-low heat, stir together maple syrup, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and nutmeg; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool.
Assembly: Top waffles with ice cream and drizzle with Spiced Maple Syrup. Garnish with remaining chocolate chunks.
Tip: Refrigerate unused Spiced Maple Syrup in airtight container. Use on pancakes, waffles or French toast, or drizzle over yogurt.