Chocolate Chip S’mores Skillet Cookie
No campfire required to create this tasty crowd favourite, any place, any time.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (50 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 2 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows (300 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients and stir until blended. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the chocolate chips.
4. Spread dough evenly into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with marshmallows and remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until marshmallows are gooey and cookie is golden brown. Let cool on rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
• To make on BBQ, preheat BBQ to 400°F (200°C). Turn off one burner and place cast iron skillet on that side. Close lid. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until marshmallows and edges are golden – cookie will be soft in the middle. Remove from grill and let stand 10 minutes. Cool and serve.