Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pots De Crème Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/2 cups canned pur�ed pure pumpkin (375 mL)
- 3/4 cup light (5%) cream (175 mL)
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar, preferably dark (250 mL)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (15 mL)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp each ground allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (divided) (250 mL)
- Whipping Cream (Optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Whisk eggs with pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, fresh ginger, cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chips.
3. Divide mixture equally between 8 ramekins or custard cups. Top each ramekin with an equal amount of remaining chocolate chips.
4. Set in roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come half way up sides of ramekins. Cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and filling is set.
6. Remove from water; cool to room temperature on a rack. Chill for at least 4 hours or for up to 1 day. Serve with whipped cream if using.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• Be sure to use pure pur�ed pumpkin instead of a seasoned pie filling.