Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers crushed) (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (45 mL)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (5 mL)
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin pur�e (250 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (375 mL)
- 1. Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss crumbs with cocoa, icing sugar and butter until well combined. Press the mixture firmly onto bottom and 1/2-inch (1 cm) up the sides of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden around the edges; cool slightly.
2. Cheesecake: Increase oven temperature to 400°F (200°C). Beat cream cheese with sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl until well blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips; pour batter into prepared crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F (120°C); continue baking for 60 minutes or until almost set. Transfer from oven to a rack. Run a thin knife around the cake to loosen from side of pan. Cool completely before removing ring from pan. Chill for 5 hours or until firm before serving. Garnish with Chocolate Leaves (see below, if using).
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
� For chocolate leaves, thoroughly wash and dry several non-toxic leaves. Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth when stirred. With a small, soft-bristled pastry brush, brush melted chocolate on backs of leaves. (Avoid getting chocolate on leaf front as removal may be difficult when chocolate hardens.) Place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet; refrigerate until very firm. Beginning at stem, carefully pull green leaves from chocolate leaves. Chill until ready to use.