Chocolate Chip Pecan Tart Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (125 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 2 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar (30 mL)
- 3/4 cup softened butter (175 mL)
- 1/3 cup softened butter (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (30 mL)
- 3/4 cup corn syrup (175 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecan halves (125 mL)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1. CRUST: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grind pecans in a food processor. Add flour and sugar; pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture comes together. Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) fluted tart pan with a 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) rim; set on a baking sheet lined with foil. Chill for 20 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
2. FILLING: Meanwhile, beat butter with brown sugar and cornstarch until fluffy. Add corn syrup, eggs and vanilla; mix until just combined. Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips and the pecans over the prepared crust; pour syrup mixture into crust.
3. Bake, on the lowest rack, for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set but still jiggles slightly in the centre. Cool completely. Melt remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) chocolate chips and drizzle over the pie. Garnish with whipped cream (if using) before serving.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
• Use a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan instead of the tart pan. Form the crust about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) up the sides.
• Dip pecans in extra melted chocolate and then in toffee bits to garnish the tart.