Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|3 tbsp||butter or margarine, melted (45 mL)|
|3/4 cup||smooth peanut butter (175 mL)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|3/4 cup||milk (175 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking powder (5 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda (1 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inch/5.5 cm diameter) with paper baking cups. (Or spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.)
2. In large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add milk and vanilla; stir until well blended.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add all at once to butter mixture; stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack set over a baking sheet or tray.
5. Meanwhile, prepare SUGAR GLAZE. Drizzle over muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.
In small bowl, stir together 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar and 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) warm water. Additional icing sugar or water may be added, if necessary.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL) glaze.