Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted (45 mL)
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 3/4 cup milk (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inch/5.5 cm diameter) with paper baking cups. (Or spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.)
2. In large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add milk and vanilla; stir until well blended.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add all at once to butter mixture; stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack set over a baking sheet or tray.
5. Meanwhile, prepare SUGAR GLAZE. Drizzle over muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.
In small bowl, stir together 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar and 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) warm water. Additional icing sugar or water may be added, if necessary.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL) glaze.