Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae Slice Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup each softened butter and packed brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (325 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (2 L)
- 1 1/4 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (200 g)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat butter with brown and granulated sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir flour with the baking soda and salt; mix into butter mixture until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chips.
2. Press all but 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the dough into a parchment-lined 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Drop remaining dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet to make 6 cookies.
3. Bake cookies on the upper rack for 10 minutes and cookie crust on the lower rack for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
4. Blend ice cream with all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the toffee bits. Spread evenly over the cookie crust. Crumble cookies evenly over top. Melt remaining chocolate chips; drizzle over cookie layer. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
5. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Tip: Cut parchment paper large enough to overhang the dish in order to make it easy to transfer the dessert from the baking dish to a large cutting board for easy slicing.