Chocolate Chip Cookie Nests Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1 cup softened butter (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup each CHIPITS Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips (75 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)
- 1 cup each small jelly beans and toasted coconut flakes (approx.) (250 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy in a large bowl; beat in egg. Use a wooden spoon to mix in flour mixture and CHIPITS until crumbly. Gently knead dough until it holds together. Halve dough and shape into two, 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) thick logs. Wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice logs into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick disks; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for at least 15 minutes. Bake, in batches, on the centre rack, for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are pale golden. Transfer to a rack; cool completely.
3. Garnish: Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate over each cookie. Decorate with jelly beans and sprinkle evenly with coconut. Makes about 40 cookies.
� Use plastic wrap or waxed paper to help form dough into logs.
� Dough can be held in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
� When slicing cookies, use a serrated knife for best results; smooth any rough edges with fingers before baking.
� To melt the CHIPITS, place in a heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water and stir until smooth.
� To toast the coconut, spread on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden in a 350°F (180°C) oven.