Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Everyone needs a go-to banana bread recipe. This loaf is moist, easy-to-make and chocolatey. Perfect for mornings on-the-go.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 cup sugar (250 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or shortening (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips OR CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (125 mL)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 medium) (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch (20 x 13 cm) loaf pan.
2. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts in large bowl; blend well on medium speed of mixer. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf (18 servings).
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips may be substituted.