Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Mounds Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|2 cups||butter, softened (500 mL)|
|1 cup||icing sugar, sifted (250 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla (10 mL)|
|3 cups||all-purpose flour (750 mL)|
|1 cup||cornstarch (250 mL)|
|1 1/3 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (325 mL)|
|1 cup||chopped red candied cherries (250 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour and cornstarch. Beat into butter mixture just until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
3. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or just until starting to brown around the edges.
Makes about 7 dozen cookies.
• Substitute CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips for a creamier taste.