Chocolate Cheesecake with Spiced Topping Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 16 cinnamon grahams (2 1/2 in. square ea) (16)
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted (45 mL)
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (500 g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- SPICED TOPPING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Crush cinnamon grahams to make 1 cup (250 mL) crumbs; mix crumbs and butter. Press mixture firmly onto bottom of 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. Bake 8 minutes.
3. Increase oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Beat cream cheese, sugar and cocoa in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended; pour over crust. Bake 30 minutes. Carefully spread SPICED TOPPING over cheesecake. Continue baking 15 minutes or until topping is almost set. Loosen cake from side of pan. Cool; remove side of pan. Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
2 tbsp sugar (30 mL)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (1 mL)
Dash ground nutmeg (Dash)
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients until well blended.