Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) (375 mL)
- 6 tbsp icing sugar (90 mL)
- 6 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (90 mL)
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine (90 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) (398 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 1. Crust: Toss crumbs with icing sugar, cocoa and butter until well combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1/2-inch (1 cm) to 1-inch (2.5 cm) up the side of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Cheesecake: Place butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in cocoa until smooth; set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl. Add cocoa mixture; beat well. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 65 minutes or until set. (Centre will be soft.) Transfer pan from oven to wire rack. Run a thin knife around the cake to loosen from side of pan. Cool completely; remove ring from pan. To serve, garnish as desired.
Makes 12 servings.