Chocolate Carrot Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|1 tsp||each baking powder and cinnamon (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||each allspice and nutmeg (1 mL)|
|3/4 cup||packed brown sugar (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted and cooled slightly (125 mL)|
|1/3 cup||oil (75 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1/4 cup||milk (50 mL)|
|2 cups||finely grated carrots (500 mL)|
|1/2 cup||chopped pecans or walnuts, optional (125 mL)|
|4 oz||cream cheese, softened (125 g)|
|1/4 cup||icing sugar (50 mL)|
|1/4 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted and cooled slightly (50 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla (2 mL)|
|1 tbsp||whipping cream (35%) or milk (15 mL)||CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line muffin pan with large paper cups or spray with non-stick spray.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Beat in melted chocolate, oil and vanilla.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice and nutmeg. Stir into egg mixture with milk.
4. Stir in carrots and nuts, if using. Spoon into prepared pan.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins; let cool completely. Spread with Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
In medium bowl, blend together cream cheese and icing sugar. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir in cream until smooth and creamy.