Chocolate Caramel Lava Cakes
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- HERSHEY'S Cocoa (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (125 mL)
- 10 tbsp butter (1 1/4 stick) (300 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (375 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup flour (125 mL)
- Whipped cream (garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Coat 6 ramekins with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
3. Add the chocolate chips, caramel chips, and butter to a mixing bowl. Microwave until the chocolate and butter are completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Whisk in the icing sugar.
5. Add the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Stir to combine. Add the flour and stir until the flour is fully incorporated. Divide the batter evenly among the ramekins.
6. Bake for 13 minutes, or until the outside is set.
7. Let cool for a few minutes before inverting onto a plate. Dust with icing sugar. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 6 Lava Cakes.