Chocolate Cappuccino Torte Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1/4 cup||all-purpose flour (50 mL)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|2/3 cup||hazelnuts (filberts), toasted and ground (150 mL)|
|4 tsp||instant coffee crystals, crushed (20 mL)|
|1 cup||butter (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (175 mL)|
|1/3 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (75 mL)|
|4||eggs (4)||GLAZE (recipe follows)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan. Line bottom with waxed paper circle cut to fit.
2. In large saucepan over low heat or in microwave in large bowl, melt butter, milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips, whisking until smooth. Let cool 15 minutes.
3. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In medium bowl, mix together flour, coffee crystals and hazelnuts. Stir into egg mixture; mix well. Spread in prepared pan.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until set in centre and top cracks slightly. Let cool 10 minutes, remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap well and chill overnight or up to 1 week.
6. Place cake on rack over waxed paper. Pour GLAZE over top letting it drip down over sides. Chill to set glaze. Remove from waxed paper.
Makes 12 servings.
In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter and 3/4 cup (175 mL) CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream or light cream. Mix well. Let cool until slightly thickened and of good spreading consistency.
• Serve with fresh raspberries or raspberry sorbet.