Chocolate & Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (250 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (125 mL)
- 1. Line 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with foil.
2. In small microwave-safe bowl, place butterscotch chips and 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the sweetened condensed milk; set aside.
3. In medium microwave-safe bowl, place semi-sweet chocolate chips, remaining sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
4. Microwave butterscotch chip mixture on HIGH 45 seconds; stir until chips are melted. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil; cut into squares. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 3 dozen pieces.
• For best results, do not double this recipe.