Chocolate Buttercream Cherry Candies Recipe
Sweet and delectable Chocolate Buttercream Cherry Candies will add the final touch to your party. Learn how to make them with Hershey's Kitchens recipe.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 90 Minutes
|CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE (Recipe to follow)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||almond extract (1 mL)||WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COATING (Recipe to follow)|
|1/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)|
|1 to 2 tbsp||milk (15-30 mL)|
|2 cups||powdered sugar (500 mL)|
|48||maraschino cherries (48)|
|1/4 cup||butter (50 mL)|
- 1. Cover tray with wax paper. Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk in small bowl until well blended; stir in vanilla and almond extract. If necessary, add remaining milk, one teaspoonful (5 mL) at a time, until mixture will hold together but is not wet.
3. Mold scant teaspoonful (5 mL) mixture around each cherry, covering completely; place on prepared tray. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
4. Prepare WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COATING. Holding each cherry by stem, dip into coating. Place on tray; refrigerate until firm.
5. About 1 hour before serving, prepare CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE; with tines of fork, drizzle randomly over candies. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm. Store in refrigerator.
Makes about 4 dozen candies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COATING: Place 2 cups (500 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If mixture thickens while coating, microwave at MEDIUM for 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE: Place 1/4 cup (50 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) shortening (do not use butter, margarine, oil or spreads) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.