Chocolate Bar Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (750 mL)
- 2 cups sugar (500 mL)
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (150 mL)
- 2 tsp baking soda (10 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 2 cups water (500 mL)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (150 mL)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (30 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 3 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, broken into sections* (45 g each)
- CHOCOLATE BAR FILLING
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 oz) (250 g)
- 1/3 cup sugar (75 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)
- 4 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars,cut into 1/4-inch (6 mm) pieces* (45 g each)
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE BAR FILLING. Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate bar pieces.
2. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches (6.5 cm) in diameter) with paper bake cups.
3. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Spoon 1 level tablespoon (15 mL) FILLING into centre of each cupcake.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Top each cupcake with chocolate bar piece.
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.
* Any size HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars may be used to make a total of about 6 ounces (175 g) or about 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate pieces.