Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup milk (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup REESE Spreads (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (125 mL)
- STREUSEL TOPPING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches/ 6 cm in diameter) with paper bake cups. Prepare STREUSEL TOPPING; set aside.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add banana, milk, peanut butter chocolate spread, egg and vanilla, stirring until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if desired. Fill muffin cups 3/4 with batter. Sprinkle about 1 tsp (5 mL) STREUSEL TOPPING over each muffin cup.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 18 muffins.
STREUSEL TOPPING: Stir together 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar and 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour in small bowl; cut in 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold butter or margarine until crumbs form.