Chocolate and Vanilla Swirled Cheesepie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (500 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (1)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup milk (50 mL)
- Red raspberry jam (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs; mix thoroughly. Spread 2 cups (500 mL) batter in crumb crust.
3. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred; cool slightly. Add melted chocolate and milk to remaining batter; blend thoroughly. Drop chocolate batter onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost set; cool. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving. Drizzle with raspberry jam (if using).
Makes 8 servings.