Chocolate and Goat Cheese Galette with Blackberries Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup ice water (60 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries (375 mL)
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS Creamy Milk Chocolate Chunks or 70% Cocao Dark Chocolate Chunks (175 mL)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled (125 g)
- 2 tbsp honey (30 mL)
- Pastry: In food processor, pulse together flour, sugar and salt; add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water; pulse just until dough comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into 13-inch (33 cm) diameter circle, about 1/4-inch (1 cm) thick. Fold in half and transfer to parchment paper–lined baking tray. Unfold to again have a circle.
Filling: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss together berries, chocolate chunks and cornstarch. Spoon into centre of dough, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) border all around. Sprinkle goat cheese over top.
Fold in pastry edge over filling (do not cover centre of pie with pastry). Drizzle honey over filling in centre. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky, and berries are juicy and tender.
• When baking on the BBQ, set the burners to 400 C. Be sure to place galette on tinfoil and away from the burners, cover with the lid and let bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, put directly on the burner for the next 10mins with the lid off until pastry is golden and flaky, and berries are juicy and tender.