Chocolate Almond Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||almond extract (2 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla (2 mL)|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking powder (1 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda (1 mL)|
|1/8 tsp||salt (0.5 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (250 mL)||Additional granulated sugar||Slivered blanched almonds|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, almond extract and vanilla; beat until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating to form smooth dough.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips. If necessary, refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
5. Shape dough into 1-1/8-inch balls (3 cm); roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place three slivered almonds on top of each ball; press slightly.
6. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Let cool completely.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.