CHIPITS Yogurt Ice Pops
These yogurt-based cold treats are dressed to impress with a dark chocolate drizzle and the flavour of coffee and sea salt caramel.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder (10 mL)
- 1 tdp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt (625 mL)
- 1/3 cup honey (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (125 mL)
- 1 cup crushed dry ladyfingers (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (375 mL)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15 mL)
- 1. Stir espresso powder with vanilla extract until dissolved; stir into yogurt along with honey until blended. Fold in caramel chips.
2. Spoon mixture into ten 1/3 cup (75 mL) ice pop moulds. Sprinkle tops of ice pops with crushed ladyfingers and press down lightly. Insert ice pop stick into each mould. Freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
Coating: Melt dark chocolate chips with coconut oil in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot, not boiling, water; let cool slightly. Transfer to piping bag fitted with small tip, or into resealable plastic bag with corner snipped off. Drizzle chocolate over ice pops.
Return to freezer on waxed paper–lined tray or baking sheet until coating is firm. Store in freezer until using.
Tip: Replace ladyfingers with toasted coconut, chopped toasted almonds or a sprinkle of cocoa if desired.