CHIPITS Tiger Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup golden corn syrup (50 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 2 cups rice crisps cereal (500 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 1 tsp oil (5 mL)
- 1. In large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the butterscotch chips; stir until melted. Stir in cereal until well coated. Press into greased 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
4. In medium bowl over hot water (or in microwave), melt semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread evenly over surface of bars.
5. In small bowl over hot water (or in microwave), melt remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) butterscotch chips and oil. Drizzle in lines over surface of bars. Chill. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.