CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Banana Bread Recipe
Full house for the holidays? This recipe makes two loaves! Serve this with fresh fruit for an easy breakfast.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (17 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup milk plus 2 tbsp (155 mL)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (50 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium) (250 mL)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (250 mL)
- 1 1/3 cup CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch (1.5 L) loaf pans.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add milk, oil, egg and banana; stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Stir in nuts. Spread about 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) batter in the bottom of each loaf pan. Top batter with 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits. Divide remaining batter between each pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle each with an equal portion of remaining toffee bits.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean. (Bread will sink slightly in the center.) Remove to a wire rack. Loosen the sides of the bread from the pans with a knife. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans. Cool completely.
Makes 2 loaves.
• For added flavour, add 2 tbsp of rum (or 2 tsp/10 mL rum extract) in step 2.