CHIPITS Signature Fondue Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 3 cups 35% whipping cream (750 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (375 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (375 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (375 mL)
- Assorted dippers such as sliced fresh fruit, marshmallows, cubed pound cake, pretzels, angel food cake etc.
- 1. Heat the whipping cream in a saucepan set over medium heat (or in the microwave) until steaming. Meanwhile, place each type of chip in separate, heat-proof bowls.
2. Pour 1 cup (250 mL) hot cream over each bowl of chips; whisk until melted and smooth. Pour into separate fondue pots to hold warm. Serve with assorted dippers.
Makes 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) each flavour.
� Lighter Fondue: Substitute evaporated milk for the whipping cream; adjust the consistency of each fondue to taste by adding 1/4 cup (50 mL) to 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra chips depending on the type.
� "Grown-up" Gourmet Fondue: Add up to 1 oz (30 mL) flavoured liqueur to each fondue. Try raspberry liqueur with the milk chocolate fondue; orange liqueur with the dark chocolate fondue; butterscotch schnapps or banana liqueur with the peanut butter fondue.