CHIPITS Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup butter (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 cup nuts (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch (39x27x2.5-cm) jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars.
Makes about 4 dozen bars.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
CHIPITS "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Simply add 1/3 cup (75 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa to your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
CHIPITS SKOR & CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Use 1 cup (250 mL) of CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits and 1 cup (250 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in place of 2 cups (500 mL) chocolate chips; omit nuts. Drop and bake as directed.
ICE CREAM SANDWICH: Press one small scoop vanilla ice cream between two cookies.