CHIPITS No Bake Chocolate Zucchini Cake
A delicious way to get your vegetables! This moist and chocolatey cake has a subtle nutty flavour and creamy, light texture.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||graham crumbs (250 mL)|
|2 tbsp||Hershey’s Cocoa (30 mL)|
|1/4 cup||melted coconut oil (50 mL)||Filling:|
|1 cup||HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 cup||grated zucchini (250 mL)|
|2 cups||cashews (500 mL)|
|1/4 cup||Hershey’s Cocoa (50 mL)|
|1/4 cup||maple syrup (50 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 package||soft silken tofu (340 g)||Garnish:|
|1 cup||toasted flaked almonds (250 mL)||mint leaves|
- 1. Line a 9” (23 cm) springform pan with cling film.
2. In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the crust and then press firmly into the pan.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl.
4. Combine the remaining filling ingredients in the pitcher of a high powered blender or food processor and operate until a uniformly silky texture is reached occasionally scraping down the sides with a spatula as required.
5. Pour the filling mixture into the spring form pan and smooth out the surface. Cover and freeze for four hours before serving.
6. For best results cut with a hot wet blade and serve with toasted flaked almonds and mint as a topping. Conserve in an airtight container in the freezer.
• Almonds and mint can be replaced with berries for preference.