CHIPITS Mini KISSES Pumpkin Mousse Cups Recipe
These pumpkin-infused little bites are a surprising twist on pumpkin pie with chocolate adding its signature smooth sweetness.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces, divided (425 mL)
- 24 large marshmallows (24)
- 1/2 cup milk (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin pur�e (125 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (5 mL)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar (75 mL)
- 1 cup cold whipping cream (250 mL)
- 1. Line 10 muffin cups (2-1/2-inch/6 cm diameter) with paper liners. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate pieces. Place remaining chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute or until melted when stirred. Mixture should be thick.
2. Coat the inside pleated surface and bottom, using a pastry brush, of each liner very thickly with melted chocolate. Chill for 10 minutes; recoat any thin spots with melted chocolate. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Gently peel off paper; refrigerate chocolate cups until ready to fill.
3. Place marshmallows, milk and pumpkin in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, stirring after each heating, until mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Cool completely.
4. Beat icing sugar and whipping cream until stiff; fold into pumpkin mixture. Fill cups with pumpkin mousse. Garnish with reserved chocolate pieces. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 10 servings.
� Substitute regular-sized HERSHEY'S KISSES for the minis.