CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chip Giant Cookies
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (50 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- Frosting (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two 9-inch (23cm) round baking pans with foil.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Spread half of batter into each prepared pan, spreading to 1-inch from edge. (Cookies will spread to edge when baking.)
3. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; carefully lift cookies from pan and remove foil. Frost, if desired. Cut each cookie into 8 wedges; serve topped with scoop of ice cream, if desired. Makes 16 servings.